Dental Crowns – Oklahoma City, OK
We Can Seamlessly Repair Your Smile
Does one of your teeth have a noticeable chip, crack, or stain that seriously mars your otherwise beautiful smile? In the past, you may have had to simply suffer through having an imperfect grin, but these days, we can seamlessly repair your smile by placing a dental crown. Not only do these custom-made restorations look just like your natural teeth, but they are able to withstand the daily pressures of chewing and can last for over a decade. If you’re interested in repairing your broken teeth with dental crowns in Oklahoma City, keep reading below to learn more about them.
Why Choose Jeffrey Hermen, D.D.S. for Dental Crowns?
- High-Quality Materials Lead to High-Quality Results
- Sedation Guarantees Every Procedure Is Comfortable
- Won’t Stop Until a Restoration Is Absolutely Perfect
What Are Dental Crowns?
The crown of your tooth is the portion above your gumline that is visible in your smile. A dental crown is called this because it fits snugly over this section of your tooth to restore its structure, function, and appearance. Think of a dental crown like a little “cap” that is placed over your tooth. Each restoration is custom-made to blend in with the rest of your smile. Most crowns used to be made from noticeable metal, but nowadays, we typically use dental porcelain because of its uncanny ability to resemble tooth enamel.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are ideal in any of the following situations:
- To restore a recently placed dental implant
- To repair a damaged tooth that already has multiple existing fillings
- To repair a tooth that has been more than half damaged by decay
- To protect a tooth from further damage due to injury or bruxism (teeth grinding)
- To protect a tooth after root canal therapy
The Process of Receiving a Crown
After we have decided that a dental crown is the right treatment for your smile, getting a crown takes two appointments. During the first of these visits, Dr. Hermen prepares your tooth by shaving off the outermost layer of enamel (don’t worry, your mouth will be numb for this process). This step is necessary to ensure your crown won’t bulge out in the line of your smile. Once the tooth has been sufficiently prepped, we take detailed impressions to create a mold. That mold then is sent off to our partnered dental lab. From there, a skilled dental ceramist begins the process of crafting your restoration.
Because this process takes a few weeks, your tooth will need protection until then. We can place a temporary plastic crown over your tooth in the meantime. When your permanent crown is ready, you’ll return to our office and we’ll switch your temporary for your long-term restoration. We won’t rest until you are perfectly satisfied with the results!
The Benefits of Dental Crowns
When a tooth is badly damaged, the only options are to repair or extract it. Since extracting teeth can lead to a whole host of oral health issues, we generally try to preserve your natural teeth for as long as possible. Dental crowns are a great way to repair said teeth. Some of the other benefits of dental crowns include:
- You should be able to enjoy crunchy foods to your heart’s content.
- We take all other aspects of your smile into account when making your crown. As a result, it will perfectly match the rest of your pearly whites.
- Provided you take care of your crown with regular brushing, flossing, and dental checkups, it can last 10+ years before it needs to be replaced.
Are you ready to get your broken tooth in Oklahoma City repaired? Then call us today and schedule a consultation to see whether dental crowns are right for you. We can’t wait to help you improve your smile!